The Commission Scolaire de Montréal (CDSM) is an elected public institution. It offers educational services to preschools, primary and secondary schools, specialized schools for students with handicaps, social maladjustments or learning difficulties (EHDAA), and vocational training centres.
Some figures about CSDM
- 113,700 students, including 76,212 in the youth sector, in 189 schools:
- 120 ordinary primary schools + 5 primary schools EHDAA
- 24 ordinary secondary schools + 8 secondary schools EHDAA
- 3 ordinary primary and secondary schools + 4 prim. and dry. Special Needs
- 10 vocational schools in FP
- 15 centers of the FGA
- Provides services to 5,656 students in the hospitality sector – newly arrived students.
- 14,356 students are enrolled in vocational training.
- The CSDM has close to 16,350 regular and non-regular employees, making it one of the largest employers in the metropolitan area.