This program will prepare graduates for leadership positions in the growing hospitality industry in venues that include hotels, resorts, restaurants, bars, catering and conference centres, and in additional industries such as sporting arenas, recreational facilities, and independent and assisted living facilities. The hospitality student will develop and practice the skills for success in lodging operations, food and beverage operations, and the growth areas of recreational foodservice and wineries. These transferrable skills include guest relations, marketing, financial management, human resources, and event planning.
Ontario’s hospitality industry is expanding and so are job opportunities in the accommodations and food service sectors. Areas such as: front desk, housekeeping, catering, bartending, restaurant/resort/club services, sales and marketing, guest services, convention/conference services, and hotel restaurant management are just some of the opportunities that await our graduates. Our students enjoy an almost 100 percent hire success rate upon graduation. Student work and earn programs are available through recruitment visits by Fairmont Resorts & Hotels, through the Disney College Program, and internally by the St. Clair College Centre for the Arts.
· Students have the opportunity to gain valuable experience and school credits while living, working, and attending classes at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
· Accelerated pathways to degree programs in Canada, Australia, and Ireland.
· Paid employment opportunities in Fairmont resort properties in Western Canada.
· Students learn and practice food preparation and service in Eatery 101, our student-operated on-campus restaurant serving lunch and dinner.
· The campus houses a full convention centre and is adjacent to a major chain hotel.
· Students will visit local wineries, distilleries, breweries, hotels, restaurants, recreational venues, and casinos.
· Students plan and host the College’s annual food and wine gala.
· Work experience is available at our industry partners’ workplaces or through on-site student “work integrated learning” programs.