COVID-19 NewsExtended Closure Update
BLI schools in Canada have taken the appropriate risk management steps following the government of Canada and the government of Quebec’s announcements regarding the coronavirus.
On March 22nd, 2020, the government of Quebec announced the closure of all educational institutions until May 1st, 2020. You can view their announcement here.
BLI must ensure the ongoing safety and well-being of our students, teachers and the whole BLI team in Canada. As well, BLI is committed to making sure that all of our current students can continue to learn their language of study and achieve their proficiency goals throughout this exceptional situation. In order to ensure both of these, BLI has taken the following steps:
- On March 30, 2020, online classes will be launched so that our current students can continue with their studies
- On March 27, students will be contacted by email with further instructions on how they can access their courses
- There will be no academic penalty for classes missed due to Coronavirus or school closure following the Government Public Health Guideline
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to accept any refund requests related to the Coronavirus or the government-directed school closure. However, we will postpone all start dates to accommodate the recent closure at no charge or penalty to the student. The following conditions will apply:
- We will waive fees to postpone for up to 2 years in order to allow students to catch up on their studies when the situation returns to normal.
As the safety of our staff and students is very important to us, we will continue to monitor the situation and provide more updates on Facebook as necessary.
For more information on the status of the COVID-19 situation in Quebec and Canada, please refer to the following resources:
- We would like to take this opportunity to say that we appreciate you for your patience, cooperation and understanding as we try to manage this unfamiliar situation to the best of our abilities.